RP Mansion

Welcome to the Roleplay Mansion~! Our 18+ Community strives to provide a friendly, safe space for our content creators. Sign up today and start creating any fantasy your heart desires. All forms of roleplaying are welcomed, and we look forward to having you as a new member of our Mansion.

Fantasy RP The Darkness Made Light

Local Time:
10:33 AM
Max is the shy outcast of society, caught practicing dark magic by his society. Shunned, and with larger goals ahead of him, he goes into hiding, not realizing until later that a certain female elf has followed him in hopes of bringing him back and save them from an unknown threat…

Local Time:
7:33 AM
Nessa ran to every town and village in hopes of finding Max as their home town fell under the dark rule of something cruel and monstrous. She was desperate for his help and would do anything to ensure his return. Only being able to cast small spells herself, she was no match for the threat back home.
You must be 18 years or older + signed in to see attachments to this post

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Local Time:
(Ooh, very pretty! I couldn’t find anything that matched what I was going for, but here!😅🤣)
Max breathed slowly as he meditated in the middle of a forest near a waterfall. breathes in, breathes out “Ahhhhh…” He had been much more at peace as the introvert he was since he left his home village. He had usually been unknown to many until his recent events showed his ”true” nature, but he didn’t mind being able to retreat and never see anything again. After all, he was a people person. Until people came along and ruined it. Now, being away from people, he wasn’t going to repeat that same mistake for a while…

You must be 18 years or older + signed in to see attachments to this post

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Local Time:
Nessa caught a glimpse of someone sitting close to a waterfall as she passed through the forest on her way to the next town. She wasn't sure if her eyes might have been playing trick on her or not, but she decided to venture closer. Once she saw the cloak that every villager talked about Max wearing, Nessa ran towards him heaving as she pushed her legs to move faster.
"Huff...Huff...are you...the one they call Max?" Nessa's red eyes glimmered in the light that shined off the water as she prayed that her assumption was correct.

Local Time:
Max’s eyes opened wide and his face appeared dark under his cowl as he turned in place to Nessa’s position. He blushed from the sight of such a beautiful girl, but at least it wasn’t visible to her. “…Yes, why?” He replied with hesitant scrutiny. He raised his arms and floated up from the rock into the air and descended back to stand and balance on one leg on the rock he was sitting on in the middle of the pond.

Local Time:
Nessa's eyes widened as Max effortlessly changed his position by simply raising his arms. She had never seen such precise control over ones own body before and it impressed her along with making her slightly jealous.
Nessa lowered herself to one knee and bowed her head as she spoke, "My name is Nessa, I'm an elf from your home town of Misthelm...we....we need you to return to help us. Our home has fallen into the clutches of a monstrous warlock by the name of Ambrose."

Local Time:
Max was a bit surprised by the formal display coming from Nessa. Why would she be doing this? More importantly, why come after me of all people? Doesn’t she have more reliable people to look for, like knights and paladins rather than an outcast mage?? “Ok, I don’t need you to bow or anything, you can get up. And…I‘ll think about it. See ya!” Without a moment’s notice he tried to escape from her with a magical bounce into the forest nearby, seemingly jumping on magic platforms. This doesn’t make any sense! Plus, she’s so pretty! I wouldn’t dare get myself tangled up with her!

Local Time:
"WAIT PLEASE!" Nessa quickly stood and started running after Max as she looked up at him from the ground. Her long dress billowed in the wind as she ran as fast as she could to keep up. He bow and arrow quiver continuously bounced on her back as she tried to catch up to Max. He's so fast! Why wouldn't he even let me finish! Nessa could feel her legs wanting to give out from days of running and walking all over their land to find him. She wasn't about to give up now, tasking a deep breath and spiraling her hands in front of her chest, Nessa's energy was slightly restored. "Please! I can't do this alone! Everyone else has already been captured and thrown into servitude!"

Local Time:
Max heard this and seemed to slide around in the air. He descends slowly until he reached the ground. It seemed as if he magically skated on the ground as he went back to Nessa, who obviously couldn’t seem to keep up with his magic speed. He skidded to a stop in front of her and crossed his arms. “And why would you think I’d help them? They’ve never done anything for me. Besides, I’m sure you can find other mercenaries and knights in shining armor, or whatever. Don’t you think they’d be more reliable than little ol’ me?” He asked, summoning a magic sphere and playing with it in his hands.

Local Time:
Nessa skidded to a stop in front of Max before placing her hands on her knees and breathing heavily as she spoke between breaths, "They are....no match...the warlock...can only be defeated....with dark magic..." Nessa looked up at Max with pleading eyes that filled with tears both from exerting herself with running and with sadness for the lost of her towns people. "Please....everyone will suffer for eternity without your help. They all regret everything they did to you. I have already lost so many of my kind to Ambrose...I will do anything to achieve your help." Nessa knelt down again and bowed her head as her chest rose and fell softly with her breaths while her black hair shined in the sunlight.

Local Time:
groan Max felt both a bit horny as he stared at her on the ground…and hearing that his former enemies were themselves humbled by a bigger threat. “Ugh, alright, I’ll name my requirements later“ He patted her shoulder and beckoned for her to stand up. “I’ve stayed away too long from that place, now I gotta go back. Imma need directions back, and maybe we can train on the way back. What do you say?” He said with nonchalance.

Local Time:
Nessa wiped the single tear that managed to roll down her cheek as she stood and smiled. "Thank you...I promise to give you anything you require as payment and support for you help. I will lead you back to Misthelm and training will be our best hope of beating Ambrose, he uses a mixture of magical and physical attacks." Nessa's heart raced as she finally felt hope for their home and their towns people. She tried to see Max's face, still hidden in the shadow of his hood, but didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

Local Time:
“Alright, let’s go. Lead the way, miss Nessa.” He said.
And so they began their journey back. And Max was certainly curious to how things changed when he was gone. “So, are the jock-like knights still in charge of the town?”

Local Time:
"They were...but they were also the first to fall at the hands of Ambrose...he came looking like a poor beggar at first, asking for shelter and food, but as more people turned him away he ripped his disguise off and revealed himself." Nessa looked down sadly as the imagine of her first attempt at fight Ambrose flashed in her head. "He is cruel and ruthless, Grand master Max....he has slaughtered most of the towns defenses and enslaved those who were not willing to fight."

Local Time:
“Woah, woah, okay, what’s with calling me ‘Grandmaster’? Also, makes sense that they didn’t listen to that beggar. They only care if their’s money in it.”

Local Time:
Nessa had never met a master of dark magic that didn't like being called Grandmaster, making her stare in confusion at Max. "I'm sorry...im...im used to Masters of Dark magic demanding to be called Grandmaster. Is there a title you prefer I use for you sir?" There was something very different about Max that made Nessa feel like he was just skilled and interest in the art of magic and never wanted to cause anyone harm, like the guards around town had once said.

Local Time:
“No title’s necessary, just call me Max. If you absolutely want to use one, just say mister.” he said, brushing it off. “Where’d you hear all that from?”

Local Time:
"We elves are raised to always respect magic users...millennia ago elves used to serve warlocks as their personal slaves...even though that doesn't happen anymore, we are still taught to hold them with a high level of respect." Nessa looked down at gold wrist bands that circled her wrists and tried to dash away a painful memory.

Local Time:
“Well, anything else happen since I’ve left? I certainly don’t remember you, so something must’ve happened while I’ve been gone!” He said with a more positive tone. He‘d be glad to hear if everyone was better off without him, even if it did hurt his core.

Local Time:
"Unfortunately sir...the town became a cold hearted and lonely place. I was still a little too young to be allowed out of my home while you were still there. The towns people stopped caring about all forms of magic...even attacking some of who only perform small spells to help others." Nessa pulled her hair over her shoulder hiding something from Max's view as she spoke

Local Time:
Max didn’t see her hair pulling as anything significant. “‘Kay then. And things only got worse when Ambrose came in, huh? What about your family? Was it better off without magic if they didn’t have to serve those who have it?” He thought aloud.

Local Time:
"Elves have always been able to use magic...our ancestors were able to use all forms of magic but there was a curse placed on us by one warlock, that never wanted his elves to be more powerful than him, stripping elves of their defensive magic and only leaving us with our healing and regeneration magic." Nessa twirled her hands in front of her chest, creating a soft pink energy ball that floated towards a sickly looking squirrel, healing it and helping it return to its normal chipper self.

Local Time:
“Huh. Interesting. I think I remember reading about that once. Coincidentally now, I’m more proficient in offensive and defensive magic, but I haven’t done anything well enough to heal myself much.” He tried the same magic that Nessa did and applied it to her, but it only seemed to restore a little amount of energy to her. They were coming across a nice site to set up shelter for the night, it seemed they were only a day or two’s walking from their village home, but now they’d have to rest, it seemed. “Well, anything else you wanna say? I’d want to get a good sparring session in before we go to sleep, if you don’t mind. I do want to help you overcome Ambrose, really, but I think that it would be better if…” He thought for a second. “…you know, everyone pitches in and helps each other to overcome something. But I’m getting philosophical now, hehe. I’ll see what you’re made of in just a minute.” He said, and with a wave of his hand, it glowed, and magic flowed through the site around them and assembled a makeshift tent made out of the natural elements. Max pushed it a bit, and yet it still seemed stable. “Well, there we go! Hopefully it’s not too dirty, miss Nessa?”

Local Time:
Nessa looked on in amazement as her eyes widened and her heart skipped a beat from how easily Max used his magic. She had always wanted to meet someone as powerful as Max but now that she stood in front of him, she almost felt that she was too nervous to speak, "It..its amazing sir. I would never be able to do something so amazing. In regards to my battle skills, I am quite skilled with my bow. I am able to shoot 3 arrows at once, each one hitting a specific target on its own. Whenever you are ready, I will be standing in the clearing waiting for you sir." With that Nessa bowed softly and turned, walking out towards the massive open field that sat at the edge of their campsite. She had to force herself to remain calm, not wanting to make a fool of herself in front of Max. She still hadn't been able to see his face, making her nervous about how he looked. I wonder if he has any special features on his face of head...

Local Time:
Max reached up to his face in his cowl and moved a few of the bangs he had that were tickling his forehead. “Well then, let’s go.” He said to himself.
”If only she knew how ugly I looked…”

He had followed her out into the clearing as she requested and stood ready a few feet away from her. His hands glowed slightly in anticipation. “Ready when you are.” He said to her.

Local Time:
Nessa took a deep breath with her eyes closed before quickly drawing her bow along with three arrows. "You can rather try to attack me or set up targets for me to shoot sir. Either way i promise to prove myself to you." Nessa's eyes took on a deep determination that almost made her look like a different person

Local Time:
“Well, if you say so. Let’s begin.” Max said. Playfully, he threw a few spheres of energies from his hands into the air, and they all honed in towards her.

Current Activity:
No one is typing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread

Top Bottom