RP Mansion

Welcome to the Roleplay Mansion~! Our 18+ Community strives to provide a friendly, safe space for our content creators. Sign up today and start creating any fantasy your heart desires. All forms of roleplaying are welcomed, and we look forward to having you as a new member of our Mansion.

A Friendly Age Restriction Reminder: Update 2/26/24 - New Badge

FaeWhisperer

/ᐠ • ˕ •マ
Staff Member
Administrator
Local Time:
3:06 PM
Hey everyone, this is your Mansion host Craze, coming to make a separate update thread / post from our normal update area.
And if you haven't done so, please read:
The Providers of this Roleplaying Forum created by RP Mansion are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts. Content submitted express the views of their author only.

This Roleplaying Forum is geared towards users who are 18 years old or older. If you register for this Forum, you represent that you are this age or older. The Administrators and Moderators of this Forum have the right to moderate your account with or without cause, with or without notice.

All Content you submit, upload, or otherwise make available to the Forum may be reviewed by Staff Members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to: spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that is considered to be private or confidential.

RP Mansion, an Online Roleplaying Forum is meant for Mature Audiences Only. Any Descriptions / Images / Likenesses / Discussions of/with Minors in any explicit forms are not allowed for any reason at RP Mansion.

You also agree to not use the Forum to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for any harm resulting from that Content or your conduct.

We Administrators and Moderators may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Forum at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Forum. You retain copyright over your Content.

These terms may be changed at any time without notice.

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register for this Forum. Use of the Forum constitutes acceptance of these terms. If you wish to close your account, please .

Currently, the Mansion holds a total of 188 users, of which are mostly inactive - but - as our numbers increase, there will be more of a possibility that those users, especially underage ones- will bypass our 'input your date of birth' requirement at registration. It happens to a lot of age restricted websites but we here at the Mansion are a bit different.

Although we hope and pray that this is our final home on the internet - all good things may come to an end. It's happened before with our website back in it's early stages (a url that is only found on the wayback machine, and not even the first iteration of the Mansion, but our second one) Back then our webhosted service was by forumotion, and due to a few reports to those admins, unfortunately got our site taken down. We had to put things / rules in place on our third jump relating this issue - aka, making certain content only visible to users who signed up. This was done by yours truly because I was tired of moving rp site to rp site and losing my content. (Over 10,000+ Posts!) @Knight_of_None, @Crow, @Angelica, @WildlyxNight, @Blaez plus I, the OG 6 can attest to this. @RedCoat only came on the scene during 2017 where we had just made our third site move- but they too are from our old rp site (which I will link to down below).

So, going forth from this announcement, a few new changes will be implemented. They are as follows:
  1. I will be adding new addons to this website (aka extensions or 'functionality improvements') This will be happening over a course of a day or so, when I work out all the bugs first. The extensions are:
    • Hiding links / images from guest browsing. The message will be put as: 'You must be over 18 and signed in to view this content' or something along those lines. This is to weed out the potential underage users lurking here but there is only so much I can put in place to prevent such things from happening.
    • When you create a new thread, there you will have to agree to our Terms and Rules here on the website, and read a short excerpt of them as well before you are able to make that new thread. This only affects new thread making not new post making to an already established thread (to my knowledge). Here is what a preview of it will look like:
      You must be 18 years or older + signed in to see attachments to this post
    • I know this will probably be a bit tedious, but due to certain rules and regulations to follow per all 50 US states and any rules Outside of the US especially regarding minors - we want to make sure we cover our asses entirely.
      • And remember folks, if you choose to disclose private or sensitive information, do so outside of the Mansion's walls.
Please understand these will be put in place to offer us a more stable / safe space on the internet for our benefit. If you have any questions going forward in this process, please don't hesitate to comment directly below this post!

Here’s that link to the old thread: remember you have to sign up to view content! If you’re on mobile view select the menu option next to the search icon and select ‘Web version’

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:

FaeWhisperer

/ᐠ • ˕ •マ
Staff Member
Administrator
Local Time:
Update: 9/14/23

As mentioned in previous posts there are now some few new additions:
  • There are multiple ‘content’ agreement/warnings put in place. Some examples are:
    • Every time you make a new thread, there will be this Content Terms and Agreements you have to read and accept to post. If you do not read it and post anyways that falls back onto your responsibility (obviously once you read it once you don’t have to read it again and again - unless it’s updated then I’ll let everyone know it is updated. Here’s what it roughly looks like (I had to edit it a bit more but here’s the general layout)
    • There is now a ‘delete your account’ option in your profile menu. When this action is completed it wipes you from this place (more or less, have yet to figure it out) but, you have three days to cancel the decision. Here’s what it looks like:
    • Third to last thing: if you are browsing the forum without signing in/up and want to view attachments to links/images etc (obviously it could host heavily nsfw) you will get this error:
      I obviously have plans on tweaking how this looks but this is how it works so far.
    • Last thing: again content warnings. We updated our privacy policy (just a simple format change, it is still the same) and heavily updated our Terms and Rules. The terms and rules update can either be viewed at the bottom of the forum or in my post before this one. There’s also a content warning mentioned on our home page which looks like this now: (it’s just a reiteration if the ‘Content Terms and Rules Agreement’)
And that’s it for now! Of course, I love the Mansion and everyone in it, I’d hate for all of our hard work (i.e all of our posts) be gone forever. I know the Accept Content Terms and Rules will be a tedious thing, but it is only in New Thread Creation, not for new posts after. And honestly should have put more content warnings than I already did. This is just to cover us, and if anyone decides to break it, that’s on them- and unfortunately we cannot 100% be children proofed. I should know, I am a living example. Joined the first iteration of the Mansion (it was literally called RP Sex Mansion) when I was severely underage and honestly the admin who was like 20 ish something on the site should have had legal action taken against him but we were too young to know any better. I’m putting these in place so that hopefully it can be reduced a little if not at all in the future and once again mention to just cover all of our bases in case someone is like: ‘Well I didn’t know it was a smut rp based website!’ (My ad, our site description, in my first post in the introduction thread..and now it’ll be blasted pretty much everywhere that if you can read…we clearly state this is an 18+ Roleplay site only!)

Alternatively though, if you feel like this is too much for you: check out RP Nation, they run on the same server type as we do, but they have so many more users and activity wise, I highly recommend them.

Attachments

FaeWhisperer

/ᐠ • ˕ •マ
Staff Member
Administrator
Local Time:
Update: 9/20/23

So apparently there's this issue that pops up when a user tries to self delete their account:

Why this is being caused I have not gotten to the bottom of it yet but I'm definitely looking into things !

Attachments

FaeWhisperer

/ᐠ • ˕ •マ
Staff Member
Administrator
Local Time:
Update: 12/15/23

Hey new users! Remember, that when reviewing the Content Terms and Rules before you post a thread, check the checkbox is directly underneath it! To post a thread you must check the checkbox that you have read the rules, and you will not be able to post a thread until you do so.

Attachments

FaeWhisperer

/ᐠ • ˕ •マ
Staff Member
Administrator
Local Time:
Update: 2/24/2024
Hey everyone! Fae here coming with some important Terms and Rules Policy Updates. The Terms and Rules have undergone a major look overhaul, and it is apparent that everyone re-reads them and understand the changes going forward.
RP Mansion Forum Policy

1. Age Requirement and Profile Information

This forum is exclusively for users who are 18 years old or older. By registering for this forum, you represent that you are this age or older. To maintain transparency and compliance with our age policy, all users are required to publicly display their age in their profiles, under the privacy options. This measure is essential to prevent any misinterpretation, particularly in discussions involving sensitive topics. Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated and helps us ensure the safety and integrity of our community.

RP Mansion, an Online Roleplaying Forum is meant for Mature Audiences Only. Any Descriptions / Images / Likenesses / Discussions of/with Minors in any explicit forms are not allowed for any reason at RP Mansion.

2. User Conduct and Content Submission

Users are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful and responsible manner at all times. Content submitted to the forum must adhere to our guidelines and may be subject to review by staff members. By reading and accepting these Terms and Rules, you agree to not use the Forum to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. Users are solely responsible for the content they submit and must not infringe upon the rights of others or violate any laws. Users are solely responsible for the content they submit.

3. Moderation and Enforcement
The administrators and moderators of this forum reserve the right to moderate user accounts and content with or without cause, with or without notice. We may remove or modify any content deemed inappropriate or in violation of our policies. Violations of forum rules may result in consequences such as account suspension or banning. Users are encouraged to report any concerns or violations to the forum staff for prompt action.

4. Content Licensing
By submitting content to the forum, you grant us a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, and unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your content in connection with the forum. However, you retain copyright over your content and may request its removal or modification at any time.

5. Policy Changes
These terms and policies were last revised on 2/24/2024. It is your responsibility to regularly review this policy to stay informed of any changes. Continued use of the forum constitutes acceptance of these terms.

6. Contact Us
If you have any questions, concerns, or wish to close your account, please

Thank you for your cooperation and for being a valued member of our community.

At this time, going forward it will be a requirement that everyone displays their age in their profile- located underneath 'privacy tab' -->
-->

More details are explained in the Terms and Rules Text, also available to read at the bottom of your page, or located here:

Thank you for taking your time to read this update. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask!

Attachments

FaeWhisperer

/ᐠ • ˕ •マ
Staff Member
Administrator
Local Time:
Update: 2/26/24
Hey! To encourage more people to follow our rules and such, I made a specific badge that is only awarded to those who are displaying their age on their user profile :3 Here's what it looks like:
Also, I will spend the next day or so combing through every member to see if they have their age listed or not. (And to see if they really read the terms and rules 👀 )Anyways, I hope y'all have a lovely rest of your day/night!

p.s.: Hopefully a March Newsletter will be on it's way out sometime next week!

Attachments

FaeWhisperer

/ᐠ • ˕ •マ
Staff Member
Administrator
Local Time:
Update: 2/26/24
Hey! To encourage more people to follow our rules and such, I made a specific badge that is only awarded to those who are displaying their age on their user profile :3 Here's what it looks like:
Also, I will spend the next day or so combing through every member to see if they have their age listed or not. (And to see if they really read the terms and rules 👀 )Anyways, I hope y'all have a lovely rest of your day/night!

p.s.: Hopefully a March Newsletter will be on it's way out sometime next week!
Hey! So I know it's in the that we're supposed to be listing our age -- I just had it happen again, where my privacy options to display my age was no longer checked. If you guys have any other problems with this like mine, please let me know! This is the second time it's happened to me so, please be mindful and make sure it's checked!

Current Activity:
No one is typing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread

Top Bottom